Monday, October 26, 2020

Progress Post 1

This is the first in what I will be calling Progress Posts, where the focus is less on art concepts or discussions, but instead will act as a showcase of where I'm at currently with my skill level. With that in mind, here's today's Progress Post picture:


I predrew some circles for me to use on this sheet. The alien on the left was drawn a few days prior to this post, and while it's not pretty and very rough, I was excited to finally start being able to piece a face together from the underlying structure. The face on the right was done today, and is the result of studying a bit more and practicing different basic skull perspectives (as well as not using a straightedge). I'm sure that just as I was initially happy with the face on the left but eventually cooled, the same will happen here. But for now, I consider that good progress, especially in the detail department.  

No comments:

Post a Comment